Monday 4 June 2012

June and Wipocalypse

Two things have downed on me recently. When I was creating my brand new tab for Wipocalypse I have realised the following:

- I tend to pick one and stitch, with some projects still lying stored away.
- I only have 2 out of 18 complete. [next update marks half a year of stitching and this is a very sad number]

So something might have to change. Maybe a rotation (like I have noticed some of you bloggers do). And definitely more finishes are in order.

Thinking this, I have pulled more of them out and now have two finishes, two starts, and small progress on a few others ... so read on.

1) 'Handpicked by Fizzy' - I have provided some 14 count aida to aid my motivation. 




June 2012

... and then it went back in the box.

3) Lickle Ted with a daffodil is now done


before

June 2012
I have braved the hatred of backstitching and finished this little fella.

4) Xmas Chums: Remember my dilemma about this one? Probably not ... it was so long ago. Well, the stitching is 10 squares lower than needed.


before
after some frogging

I will remove the stitching and start again with this one. Almost ready to begin afresh. Then maybe gridding.

Last month I have bought some easy count gridding for my new HAED. So I went a little crazy with making my life easier with smaller projects ... which saw my first attempt at using the stuff for:


8) John Clayton: Venice


June 2012
and behold an entire colour complete already.


12) The Snowman Card - a little progress ...


before

June 2012


13) 'Meet Baby Newton' - my second finish that I am very proud of:


May 2012

June 2012

Notice ... all the backstitching done too


18) HAED This is a new addition to the wips. It will take a long time to stitch, so I thought it deserved to be added to this list. It is also something I am stitching for the Summer Extravaganza (with an update due tomorrow - I highly doubt there will be anything added to make a difference). Nonetheless here it is:


June 2012
I am stitching it on the 18 count aida ... I think I will not name the design for now.

Well that is it for now. I have a summer exchange to concentrate on, and go crazy with my HAED in the spare time, so I envision a shorter update next month. 

Until tomorrow,

Lija





9 comments:

  1. Looks like you've made lots of progress! Congrats! The snowman card and Meet Baby Newton are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your finishes! Lickle Ted looks so cute :) and Newton?? Adorable!! =)
    hugs&smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    You have some lovely WIPs and some gorgeous finishes too. I love Newton, he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww love baby newton really cute. And poor effort on the summer extravaganza you are going to lose I am not even worried hehe

    Better get stitching for tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your Head, i hope to see more soon!!
    The little projects are cute, well done on the backstitching.

    Hugs Yvon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made some beautiful finishes! It's not always that easy to stay focused with so much lovely things to stitch and to focus:-) i have,the Venice project also somewhere, but I think it is burried deep down under lots of,other cross stitch projects:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some beautiful designs both on the go and finished this month - I'm a new visitor to your blog, but will definitely return to watch your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute finishes! You are making good progress on your WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad I am not the only one with a hatred for backstitching! http://yougotmeinstitches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete