Saturday 2 January 2016

Welcome to 2016 ...

Hello all and welcome to 2016 ...

... I can't believe I haven't posted since October. I do need to be better this year (blogging is one of my 10 New Year resolutions), so here we go off to a flying start with a sum up of a year and setting up goals for the year ahead.

I have only completed 3 of my goals in 2015 ... so hopefully 2016 will be better.

1) Christmas Candle - HAED

Before:

December 2014
After:

December 2015

The goal was to complete the last two pages of the top row, which as you can see I have not managed.
The plan for 2016 is therefore the same goal as last time ... complete the two top pages. 


2) Ember II by Maia. Complete this project ... COMPLETE!!!

Before:

May 2014

After:

April 2015


3) Yiota's Xstitch: Fields of Poppies. Complete one page ... COMPLETE!!!

Before:

January 2014


After:

April 2015

Seven more pages to go ... so I think I will set myself a target to stitch another one.

4) Literate Dragon HAED. Complete the bottom left page... COMPLETE!!!

Before:

April 2014
After:

December 2015

Guess what I think I will go for the top right this year ... that way we might finish this by 2017!

5) QS Poisonous Beauties (complete page 1) - not stitched. Ditto for 2016.

6) Harmony by Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe (goal complete) ... some progress made here, but not quite enough.

Before:

November 2014
After:

December 2015



Lets get this one complete in 2016!!!

7) Venice by Michael Powell (goal: complete the first triptych) ... again progress was made

Before:

December 2014

After:

December 2015
Ditto for 2016.

8) Spring bouquet by Margaret Sherry (goal: complete). Very small progress:

Before:


After:


Ditto for 2016.

9) I feel a bit light headed by Judy Rossouw (goal complete)... no stitching

10) unassigned as Xmas chums was scrapped.

11)  'Tending the Flock' (goal: complete 2 colours) ... no joy ...

12) Making Lickle Wishes (goal: 1 colour) ... ditto ...

13) Cabin Fever by Dimensions (goal complete the cabin) ... I think I stitched about 2 crosses before giving up.

14) John Clayton - Venice (goal complete) ... this is becoming slightly monotonous.

15) 'Picture of elegance' (goal complete) ... ditto

16) Good Heavens by Margaret Sherry (goal complete) ... finally I have some progress to share (and see how good my new camera is ... the fabric actually appears blue):

Before:

December 2013
After:

December 2015

I then scheduled some starts ... but what I started and what were schedule are slightly different.

Starts:

17) Iris by John Clayton (Connections)

December 2015
18) Autumn Glory by Snowflower Diaries

December 2015

19) Twilight & Magic by Suzanne Gyseman HAED 

December 2015

20) Sheep SAL (LHN designs) So far in this SAL I should have had 6 sheep ... instead I am slightly shy of 6 ...


But I have Gratitude complete!!!

December 2015
I will try to get Faith done shortly so that I am officially caught up...

December 2015


Now I feel fully ready for 2016! With 10 New Year resolutions set and stitching plans made I just now need extra hours in a day. (To see my 2016 stitchy goals check out the wipocalypse tab)

Till soon,


12 comments:

  1. That's a lot! Good luck on your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a lot of stitching last year.
    Happy New Year and lots of stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they all so beautiful..
    Happy stitching and happy new year X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking back at before and after photos and these show that, although you may not have achieved many of your goals, you have still done a lot of stitching. Here's to another great year of stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful projects!
    I wish you luck in meeting your goals for this year. Happy stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many beautiful projects on your hands :) All looking wonderful! Well done, you stitched a lot!
    Happy 2016!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous stitching!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much gorgeous stitching! Good luck with your 2016 plans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lot of progress! I love your Ember finish, it's so effective. Looking forward to cheering you on in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even if you didn't complete all your goals, you still had a lot of beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitching! I think you've done a great job this year. Good luck with your goals for 2016! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your goals for the year!

    ReplyDelete