Saturday 29 December 2012

Wipocalypse - December/Final post for 2012

December Update:


After the last update realisation hit me that there wasn't much chance of me being able to complete all set projects, so I set a mini goal to concentrate on completing Fizzy Moon and 1 page of my HAED for this year end. So...

A Fizzy Moon finish (which ended up being mums Christmas present ... so expect another pillow appearing on the blog soon):
September 2012

December 2012
HAED:
The latest page progress:

November 2012
December 2012
Overall progress:
November 2012


December 2012


I have even managed to start the next page.



Error corrections and unexpected stitching:

So then I had a little time to correct/start correcting a few errors I have clumsily made this year:

In Big Ben there should have not been any dark in the reflection ... silly me has mixed up symbols
May 2012
This error I have unpicked and corrected, then done some unexpected stitching:
December 2012
In Venice the events occurred the other way around. I have been working on it to discover that I did not account for the overlap of 10 squares in my gridding so there is a 10 square wide line down the centre where the 2 pages of design overlap.
August 2012 - part 1
December 2012 - extra stitching

December 2012 - extra stitching and the start of unpicking

Year Update

1) 'Handpicked by Fizzy [a new start and finish]:

Complete!!!
2) Country Trio [final of three start and finish]:

Complete!!!


3) Lickle Ted with a daffodil:

Started from:


And finished:

Complete!!!

4) Xmas Chums [a bit of failure this goal]:



So I have ended up with less than I begun with.

5) Good Heavens [failure as none done]:



6) Making Lickle Wishes: 





7) John Clayton: Big Ben [new start and ...]:



8) John Clayton: Venice [new start and ...]:


9) John Clayton: 'Calla Lily' [a new start and finish]:

Complete!!!


10) 'does my bum look big in this?' [from ... to finish]:



Complete!!!
11) Country Bouquet - The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady [completed]:

Complete!!!


12) The Snowman card [from ... to complete]:



Complete!!!
13) 'Meet Baby Newton' [from ... to a finish]:



Complete!!!
14) Fizzy Moon card kit [nothing done on]:


15) 'Tending the Flock' [same - shame]:



16) 'Picture of elegance' [and again ...]:




17) Dimensions kit [new start to ...]:



18) HAED [new start to ...]:

3 and a bit pages done


So a grande total of 8 complete. Next year although we are told to set the goals in the 1st check-in post I think I will do in advance hopefully before the year begins. This I think I will do by changing the Wipocalypse 2012 tab, and will have more SMART objectives (something I have learnt on my course). So I will update the sidebar links, and the tabs to reflect this update in the next few days. And now back to study.

Till soon,

                 
                                                       P.S. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

10 comments:

  1. So many wips! Great progress :) and congrats on your finishes too!! Hugs&smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made amazing progress this year! I enjoyed this look back at your stitching year. Looking forward to seeing new starts and finishes in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on everything! Congrats on your finishes! How exciting! :D

    ~McKenna

    ReplyDelete

  4. Happy New Year dear friend. I wish the New year brings you lots of happiness and joy. May God shower his abundant blessings upon you all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do follow you! :D Sorry I didn't remember.....I follow a lot of blogs.

    ~McKenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have so many finishes.All lovely well done.What are you stitching on at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, returning the following. Great round-up post for the end of the year. I see you like your cute and cuddlies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finishes! You really have some fantastic projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love all of your stitching! Im a big fan of big ben lol and I just love the piece you are doing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lija, thank you for having visited me. Your cross stiching is amazing!

    ReplyDelete