Monday 5 May 2014

Smalls #4 - a lovely The Snowflower Diaries finish, my new orchids & TUSAL #5

Hello all,

a slightly belated post on my latest finish for the smalls sal. It is 'Cherry Tree' by TheSnowflower Diaries. If you remember it was gifted to me as a kit for Christmas by my sister. 



I am not sure if many of you are aware but I was struggling, through my own fault, with this design. The green grass on the bottom left I stitched in columns of six (as I was stitching from centre outwards and did not want to make a counting error). Well, as you know this hand dyed stuff tends to be slightly variated. So I had myself columns of six highly visible. I was then debating of whether to leave it that way or unpick it. In the end I unpicked half of the stitching (as the rest was not too bad) and tried matching the shade of floss to the remaining block (to avoid the dreaded line). I think it has worked. 



fabric and thread info
Here are some close-ups of my new orchid. I bought it for £6 (half price!) in a ceramic pot. Pretty good deal as a pot normally costs £2 at least.






And my Tusal update. Not a lot as my last update was soooo late.


2014 so far in a jar

and after some prodding

Till soon (I have another finish to show off),




14 comments:

  1. I love it. I think the green turned out very well indeed.The new orchid is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The greeni looks fabulous. A great Small finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet, beautiful orchids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful , the green looks perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish Lija! It is beautiful. So is your new orchid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finish....and such pretty colours! Beautiful orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet finish, very colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty design Lija, the green looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching! I think you did a great job on the green grass, it looks lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Lija

    You did a beautiful finish!! love those orchids too!

    Hugs and Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grass looks beautiful! You do have to be careful with variegated threads to get the shading right.
    I love the names of the colours on your thread card too, they sound gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your grass looks perfect. Lovely stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely stitching and I agree with everyone else, the grass looks great. Love those Orchids too, such a beautiful colour.
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete