Monday 12 August 2013

Not one, not two, but three finishes to show ...

Dear all, 

Before I show off my latest finishes I wanted to make a claim to fame. Some of you have already noticed that I was featured in the latest issue of the World of Cross Stitching, on the reader panel.

The World of Cross Stitching issue 206

... and here is proof ...
Following my comment on the Gorjuss chart the publishers were kind enough to post me a second copy. And so you know my predictions came true!

And now onto stitching ...

#1 - Biscornu #671 

These biscornus will be made up soon ... I promise ... but for now here are the panels. The chart was acquired from the Floss Box (check out the sidebar for that). Fabric is 14 count aida - cream ivory in colour. I have used just anchor for this project: 211,149, 146, 266, 29, 144, 27.



back

front

#2 - Come With Me by Snowflower Diaries

I completed it on evenweave dyed with fennel (like the puppies I stitched earlier) using dmc 102 variated. Purple is my favourite colour so I am quite happy with it. A proper finish finish is to follow.


And finally .... something you probably were not expecting to get finished/or have forgotten entirely about ... I finished the backstitching... finally:

#3 - Kiongozi - Dance Leader

Original art work by the Kenya artist Gakonga.
Stitched in anchor on count 18 cream Aida.
Kit by Fleur de Lis





 Till soon,

               

15 comments:

  1. Congrats for coming in the mag..well done
    Sweet stitching.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great appearance in the magazine! That's awesome news. Congrats on the finishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did recognize your picture in the mag!! :D Love all your finishes, you're on a roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching...and what fun to be published!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning finishes. Congratulations on the mag xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finishes and congratulations for appearing in the mag (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your comments in the magazine, congratulations. Your finishes are great can't wait for the biscornu and the Dance Leader is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your magazine appearance. :) All of your finishes are so lovely. I particularly love the first two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being in the magazine - as soon as I saw your photo I realised 'ah! I read her blog! :D'. I enjoyed your comments on the charts :)
    Lovely stitching too - the biscornus are pretty ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the feature !! Lovely finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lija congratz on your comment on the magazine!
    About your finishes, I love the 3rd one "Kiongozi - Dance Leader".
    Hugs
    http://cantinho-da-de.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Lija,I am happy for you.:)
    Lovely works.:)

    Hugs.:)
    Bernadett

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Gorjuss, they are spetacular! I like this one, is cute!
    Your finishes are cute too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Lija
    Thank you for sharing me that site'm already following but did not understand it has to buy the graphics in this way have no possibilities because I'm unemployed if the graphics will come to share in sals. I appreciate your help.
    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your stardom.... and wonderful stitching :)

    ReplyDelete