Sunday 27 January 2013

2 finishes already or Wipocalypse post #1

First of all I would like to say thank you for all the lovely comments, I will set aside some time next week for browsing all the blogs that were in the party. Unfortunately at the moment my poor old macbook is struggling and I have finally decided to give it in. I'll take it to see the computer doctor tomorrow and hopefully it will let me load up the blogs without having to restart it every 20 minutes. This post has caused me a restart already!

But onto less sad to my purse news ...

For the first check in I am well on track of my goals. Two finishes!


Goal #11: John Clayton: Big Ben. Stitched on 14 count using DMC threads. This piece almost drove me insane. Since of that silly error last year I had to unpick and eventually ran out of one of the colours ... right before the finish. Nonetheless it is done now:


December 2012
done!!!

This is the first in the Internationals series ... hope more are to follow.


Next up is a completion of goal #21 one of the set-aside for the cards. This is the free kit that came with the World of Cross Stitch issue 199. Stitched on 14 count aida and is The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady design of the sweet dog roses:

Done!!!

Done!!!

Then after all that I had a little spare time to work on the HAED SAL:

January 2013

This is goal #9 QS Literate Dragon. Even though the light is good the colours aren't very clear. I worked in black, 2 greens, 1 purple, quite a few shades of blue and now onto cocoa shade. 


And I had another card start (oh dear it is Christmas already!). This is Margaret Sherry's design ... and a free Xmas card kit that came with the Cross Stitch Crazy December 2012 issue 171:


January 2013
I better stop here before my computer starts complaining yet again. Though there is still so much to post ... there is there a few better photos of a finish I, a finish from last year I haven't uploaded yet, some other photos I wanted to share. So all this is yet to come. 

Till soon,


                   

14 comments:

  1. Everything looks great. Nice finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finishes! I especially love Big Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Ben is amazing...well done!
    http://wilhelmina46.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finishes, very pretty and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Congrats on your finishes :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects, congrats on finishes! I'm looking forward to see progress on all WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am doubly impressed...mathematics AND thousands and thousands of tiny stitches turning into landscapes and botanical artwork. Very talented!
    Thanks for visiting Comptonia, and good luck in the drawing tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a talented stitcher you are. Thank you for finding my blog, as it means I've found yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lija,

    I was going through my emails and saw that you're a 'no reply' blogger. So I would love to do a Valentine Card exchange with you if you still want to! Email me at mckmuff(at)gmail(dot)com if you are still interested. The mail date would be the 4th since we live in different countries.

    ~McKenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big Ben is stunning and imposing just as he is in real life! Beautiful stitching all around, Lija.

    hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are beautiful Lija! I wish I had so much patience with cross stitching :) Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Lija! So sorry it took me so long to get around to your blog. Beautiful finishes! I really like the Big Ben one - that looks like it was A LOT of work, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete