Friday 31 August 2012

Again a finish, some progress, and lots of gridding


Wipocalypse - August 2012 update - part 2

For this update I was hoping to have 2 finishes, but will have to settle with one.

The final card to the 'Country Trio' is complete:


It only took 2 evenings to do in the end. The problem with this design was that the chart was in the magazine my sister decided to borrow awhile back, and she happens to live on the other side of the country! Eventually she has agreed to scan and e-mail me the chart. [Of course I have now deleted the copy on my computer in view of copyright and all.]

Continuing on the update: this month held little progress on the HAED:

August 2012 - part 1


August 2012 - part 2

then the recent start had a few extra colours stitched:



August 2012 - part 1
August 2012 - part 2
The HAED was a little big and uncomfortable to stitch during the film sessions in the evenings, so I picked something smaller. Or rather had my mum pick. I decided to stitch either 'Venice' or 'Dance Leader' after completing the small card; she chose the second.

Speaking about mum ... I have mentioned last time that she was going away for 3 weeks, so during them I have concentrated on something for her. Since her return I have been working on the 'Handpicked by Fizzy' during my lunch hour at work (which slowed the progress down). I was hoping to complete this project for this update, but still need to do almost all of the backstitching. I might take this project to work on the train to London this weekend.

August 2012 - part 1


August 2012 - part 2
My mum is also in need of some leftover threads for her sketchbook on colour for the latest module of her course. So I have moved on to another project I have begun awhile back:

March 2012
It is a Dimensions kit, which means I won't be able to use the leftover thread for any other projects pretty much. So I just need to complete it now.

August 2012 - part 2

Although it does not look like much extra was stitched (which is true - only 2 hours went into stitching), I have spent quite a few nights gridding ... hope it will help make the stitching go smoother and faster.

Till soon,

            

8 comments:

  1. Wow lots of progress. I love Fizzy he is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gridding is mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow looking great loving the HAED looks amazing
    What do you use for the gridding and how easy is it to remove?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress on your wips! The card is lovely :)
    Hugs&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Fizzy is adorable. I'm sure he'll finish up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have also stitched that little flower and the other 2 that go with it - cute isn't it? Fizzy Moon is such a cutie and good on you for doing all that gridding - I used to but then got lazy now for my big pieces I just mark around the perimeter and count in from that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your finish is beautiful, and you've really made great progress on all your WIPs! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The piece for your Mum is really coming along great! You have had wonderful progress on the rest of them too!

    ReplyDelete